Effective Date: April 28, 2017
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Konkoit website and the Konkoit applications and services for iPhone, iPad, Android, and other devices and platforms, hereafter referred to as simply Konkoit.
Konkoit occasionally needs to collect information for convenience, practicality, or technical requirements. This information includes:
- Your chosen username, which may be your email address or name. A username is technically required so you can log in from multiple computers and devices. We encourage you to use your email address to make "forgot password" functionality possible.
- Your chosen password, which is empty by default. A hash of your password is stored in the Konkoit database, and the plain-text password is only used for hash comparison to the stored value.
- We keep track of some of your activity on Konkoit, such as recording sightings, following birds and other users, uploading information or media such as photographs, video and sounds. You are also active when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you upload a photograph, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we record information such as the sighting, location or bird specie that you linked the photograph to.
Like most Web sites, Konkoit also collects and stores information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather similar information through other means.
Please note that by recording your bird sightings on Konkoit, your physical location at a specific date and time will be recorded and linked to your Konkoit Username. Your Username, which is visible to all users on Konkoit should be chosen bearing this in mind.
The Way We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve these and to provide you with support. We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish Konkoit's functionality.
We may contact you with service-related communication from time to time. We may include content you see on Konkoit in the emails we send to you.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design Konkoit, to suggest popular content to users, and to share with advertisers and publishers. For example:
- We may tell an advertiser or publisher that X number of people visited a certain area on our website
- We may tell an advertiser or publisher that X number of people observedZ bird species from a particular location or area.
- We may aggregate the most popular species during limited time periods or from other criteria in order to suggest content for Konkoit's blogs or for users who have observed birds in similar areas.
When information is used in this or a similar manner, we do not disclose anything that could be used to identify the individuals on whom the information is based.
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
We may disclose your information when we believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
- For example:
- When you make a payment. When you make payments on Konkoit, we will share transaction information with only those third parties necessary to complete the transaction.
- When you invite a friend to join Konkoit. When you ask us to invite a friend to join Konkoit, we will send your friend a message on your behalf using your name. We may also send reminders to them in your name.
- To give search engines access to information that is publicly available.
- To help improve and promote our service. We could share aggregated information with third parties to help improve and promote our service.
- To provide you with services. For example, we may use third parties to help host our website, send out email updates about Konkoit, process payments, or provide search results or links.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or government entities.
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
Publicly Accessible Information
Konkoit contains social and sharing functionality, including:
- Others can view your most recent observations if they know your username.
- To give search engines access to information that is publicly available.
External services beyond Konkoit's control are integrated with Konkoit where necessary, such as Google Analytics for traffic measurement and tracking.
Konkoit makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all integrated external services are trustworthy and reputable, but Konkoit cannot be held responsible for data collection and usage by such services.
When you click on links on Konkoit you may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of other sites.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and we cannot control the actions of others with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorised persons will view your information and we cannot ensure that information you share on Konkoit will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on Konkoit.
You should report any security violations to us.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging into your Konkoit account on the Konkoit website at http://www.Konkoit.com/.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by changing or deleting the erroneous information, by deleting your entire Konkoit account by emailing support@Konkoit.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You can delete your entire Konkoit account at any time by emailing support@Konkoit.com. If you delete your account, all account information and saved page data is deleted from the Konkoit service immediately.
Due to the nature of backups and logs, deleted data may persist in backups and logs until they are deleted.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please email support@Konkoit.com. At this time, we only have the ability to receive and send English-language communications.
Changes To This Policy
Konkoit reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of Konkoit following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.